Custom-Built Rolling Library Ladders Create the Perfect Library for Your Home or Institution
These smooth-rolling straight ladders are a safe, dependable alternative to step ladders. Take up less than 9" of aisle space in the closed position. Heavy-duty track made of 15/16"-diameter steel tubing with a black oxide finish is held in place by mounting brackets. Large reinforced nylon wheels above and below. Weight actuated and adjustable braking system. Some assembly required. Ships by truck.
Ladder-size ranges are for pricing purposes. All ladders are custom built to your whole-inch measurement.
Please note: there are no exchanges or refunds.
Parts needed for a complete unit:
3. Two (2) end brackets
4. One (1) center bracket per 3′ of track
5. One (1) dowel for every track connection point
6. Optional: Safety handrails
For mounting requirements, see Ladder Information Package below.
- Made of red oak in a natural wood color
- Available in maple by special quote
- Comes standard with clear coat finish (also available unfinished); walnut finish: up charge of $83.50
- Specify types of mounting brackets required when ordering
- Maximum track mounting height is 13' 6"
- Black hardware only (not sold separately)
- Ladder extends 4″ above track
- 10′ track sections must be cut to size by the end user
- Ladders are for bookshelf use only and must be exited from the bottom only
To calculate ladder height, measure distance from finished floor to middle of strip where track will be mounted. Please feel free to call for assistance: 1-800-878-0253.
Hardware for rolling ladders is not sold separately. It must be purchased with a ladder.
Please note: Once installed, ladder is not designed to be moved from one track to another. Because the track is not a load-bearing structure, the ladder is not suitable for loft applications.